What causes breathlessness despite any chest pain?
Questions so that I can advise
To provide information on what might be going on, I have a few questions for you.
1. Are you still having shortness of breath or did this happen one time, and how long did it last?
2. Any chest pressure?
3. Any nausea?
5. What happens when you take a deep breath? Are you able to fill your lungs with deep breath?
7. Any recent or ongoing stress or an increase in stress or anxiety?
8. Your height and weight? (Tall thin men are at risk of spontaneous pneumothorax).
9. Any ongoing medical problems such as diabetes, heart problems, digestive problems, anxiety problems, asthma, etc?
10. Any additional information you can provide will be helpful.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
2) Yes I have chest pressure
3) No nausea
4) No sweating
5) Cannot take a deep breath- cannot fill lungs
6) No smoking
7) No more stress or anxiety than normal
8) 6 feet 200 pounds for height and weight
9) Nothing on this question that has been diagnosed
10) I am at E.R. right now because something is not right- EKG came back okay but now hooked up for stress test.
Would really like your opinion if you can give one! Thanks so much!
On reading your responses, the next thing I was going to tell you was to go to the ER because of the chest pressure. But I see that that is where you are.
In addition to monitoring you, they should also be checking your cardiac enzymes/troponin to see if your heart is having problems.
Chest pressure from cardiac causes usually means that your heart is not getting enough blood/oxygen.
This can be due to an arrhythmia (abnormal rhythm/pattern of your heartbeat) or from occlusion of a coronary blood vessel causing a heart attack (if there is a clot of the blood vessel) or angina (where coronary arteries abnormally constrict).
The chest pressure may actually be your version of chest pain.
I imagine they have checked your lungs for any problems there as well.
I can help explain their findings (or will try to).
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for mild chest pain
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- What causes chest pain and fatigue
- What causes pleurisy chest pain
- What is the cause of chest pain and cough
- Cause of chest pain and breathless
- What is the cause of chest pain with dizziness
- What causes chest pain with palpitations
- What causes headache with the chest pain
- What causes back and chest pain