What causes breathlessness and productive cough while on Diclofenac for chest infection?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi I have COPD and at present taking Doxycycline for chest infection I als am taking Diclofenac I am having touble bring up phlem and breathless with very little effort I have a reaction to penicillen Could the drugs be affecting me
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't seem like drugs,here are a few things you can do.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

In my opinion drugs aren't causing the side effect , usually no sputum is a good sign but if you can feel it inside and can't clear your airways it gets really irritating and disturbing.

There are a few methods used for it, most common is simple normal saline nebulization this helps soften sputum and you can get it out same way concentrated saline nebs are used tok for this purpouse.

Some doctors advise mycolytics as well to break down thick mucous in the airways to help clear out the airways. Nebulizations you can try at home and then see how it helps you in two to three days if doesn't work, then you can always discuss about sputum softening meds with your pulmonologist.

Here I want to mention that your shortness of breathe will get better as your infection settles down I would suggest your to keep using the medication according to schedule as infections get under control your sputum as well as shortness of breath problem is expected to get better.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..