Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
174 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes breathlessness and chest pain while walking?

Answered by
Dr. Priyank Mody


Practicing since :2009

Answered : 910 Questions

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: for last 1 week i feel breathlessness whil walking ever 20 mtrs and pians in center of chest
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
A visit to local doctor who can examine you is strongly suggested

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,
Though you are young , Exertional symptoms are very characteristic of heart or lung it should be ruled out as a cause .
I would strongly suggest a visit to your doctor who by examination would rule out lung pathology and help decide any furthur test
An baseline ECG and 2 D echocardiography is the first baseline test . If there is any abnormality here , do proceed as your doctor says . If both are normal a Treadmill stress test will complete cardiac evaluation.
The above approach is just to be sure 100 % in accordance to maintaining your well being .
You may upload the test results so I can guide you accordingly.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 26 minutes later
Dr Moody
Thanks for advise.
I have taken appointment for tests.

Kindly let me know which doctor should be consulted i.e cardio or physian.

Thankd n Regards,
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
A good Physician would be the better person for initial visit

Detailed Answer:

As a cardiologist I am biased towards a visit to a cardiologist particularly because I would want to rule out cardiac cause first.

However particularly in your case a good physician would be better as he can simultaneously evaluate and rule out other causes of your symptoms and if any of your heart test are suspicious of any abnormalities, he can refer you to an appropriate Doctor for the same .

You can upload the reports here for a second opinion.
Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 14 hours later
Thanks Doctor Mody

I visisted Fortis, Mulund and consulted Dr Vyas.
Lung, treadmill , ECG, Sugar and few more blood tests were done today.

I couldnot continue tredamill walk beyond 4 mins.
Chest pain started after 1 min of walk and suppressed after treadmill was stopped after 4 mins.
After examining ECG doctor advised to go for angiography asap.
Blood sugar was also funf hisg- 170/207.

Pl advise
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should undergo a comprehensive cardiac and diabetes workup

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir ,
In most probability there were changes in the Treadmill and when you couldn't complete stage 2 ( 6 mins ) the probability that it was a strongly positive test is high . However the final opinion I can only give after I see the TMT report .
However in such cases the chances that you may have a occult cardiac disease is high .
An routine angiography is suggested . If you have no risk factors and have normal kidney function . A CT coronary angiogram would be an intermediate test . If that is negative we can be rest assured but if it's positive that you should undergo angiography with the thought of revasularisation ( angioplasty ) if needed .
Dr. XXXXXXX Vijan is a XXXXXXX cardiologist who is attached to Fortis Mulund and would be good person to consult. He is my teacher and would give a fair opinion.
The sugar are high aa and in range of diabetes. You can undergo another test called HBA1C and if high consider starting medication for the same.
Do upload the test results.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 4 days later
Thansk for advise, i will do so.

Regds, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sure , Wishing you Good health. Regards

Detailed Answer:
Sure Sir , Let me know if any further assistance needed .
Dr. XXXXXXX Shah and Dr. XXXXXXX Vijan are two XXXXXXX Cardiologist attached with Fortis Mulund whose work I can vouch for .
Wishing you Good health.
Regards Dr. Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Hba1c

doctor1 MD

I have been suffering from dehydration for a month and a half. The problem is when I get fluids from the ER, it comes back again because I have...

doctor1 MD

My Father has been gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.Mainly i want to know the health of the...

doctor1 MD

Can I reverse a possible chance that I have Typ 2 diebetties ?