question-icon

What causes breathing difficulty?

Posted on Tue, 11 Mar 2014
Question: I feel I have sum problem with my larynx. Sumtime I am not able to breath. Its becoz of my throat not lungs. I have seen slight change in voice as well.
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal (45 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Proton pump inhibitor with steam inhalation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Breathing difficulty with some change in voice needs to be evaluated with a laryngoscopic examination. Laryngoscopic examination is usually done with a mirror or an endoscope. But you are saying that your problem sometimes comes and sometimes goes. So, the cause is less likely to be any lesion at the level of laryngeal inlet which usually is the problem we suspect in cases with breathing difficulty wil change in voice. Still you need to get an ENT examination done. Mean while you can use a proton pump inhibitor along with mucolytic as well as team inhalation. If problem persists, do visit an ENT. Feel free to ask another query.\ Regards
Dr. Prahlad Duggal

ENT Specialist