Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

What causes breathing difficulty and facial myalgia when suffering from bipolar disorder?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2655 Questions
I live in Singapore. I am 80 years old, male.I am a pensioner. I am the longest surviving hospice volunteer caregiver, 26 years and counting. The whole night through, fear has gripped me over difficulty in urination . Admiteddly I do not drink 8 glasses water maybe two or three at the most. .I do not want to do surgery as a knee replacement surgery done in 2011 was not that ok as 3 years later a second op removed the "click" in the knee .On thieve of discharge from hospital 2011, , I stopped night. A catheter was used which also caused infection , the doctor said I had prostate which without much help , I came through these 3 years. But within this period, 2011 to 20i3 I had to see 8 disciplines over a period of three years (, psychologist, psychiatrist ,ear nose and throat specialist which is causing some breathing difficulty, sleep apnoea investigation , respiratory, loss voice, facial micralgia ? dentistry, accupunture on the back , a feeling of ants crawling on the body , body not that sensitive to cold in that psycholgically I cannot wear singlet to sleep , etc ,Then wife who is 86 wanted a divorce which after close to one year , she withdrew all d proceedings, she has bi-polar disorder and is going into early dementia ). I am still seeing psychiatrist who is treating me with Zoplicone and 45mg Mirtazapine, I am in a dilemma and payers are not my strongest point. How much do I pay you ?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Prostate needs PSA and surgery Detailed Answer: Hi, welcome to our site. I am Dr Saumya Mittal. Read your query. That is a very significant query. I will try my best to answer your query. However as from this query, I am not exactly clear about your exact question. From what I gather, your current problem seems to be urine problem due to the prostate enlargement. Now prostate enlargement is a significant and common problem in the elderly. And frankly, the best treatment option is surgical. Having said that, the problem is that even after surgery, the symptoms may recur at a later date. I hope you have had you Sr PSA tested. Thats the marker for prostate- prostate specific antigen. Also I hope you have had an ultrasound that tells us about the prostate size. I hope this helps you. Inform the reports mentioned above, and the exact query so i can be of help further. Best of luck. I have given you the answer to the maximum considering the information provided. The results of the tests could further enhance my answer to you. Please do understand that some details could be extracted from a detailed history and examination. Looking forward to your return query with the details asked so that I can help you further. (If the answer has helped you, please indicate this)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sports Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor