What causes breast soreness and nausea?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I am experiencing pregnancy symptoms (breast tenderness, feeling drained, mild nausea - I have a three year old son and I feel very similar to how I felt when I was pregnant with him). I did have an accident with my partner a few months ago, but the day afterwards I immediately took Plan B AND also got the Depo Provera shot. I'm worried now if the efficacy of the shot was affected by me taking both on the same day, if I have not been protected as I had thought moving forward? Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
pregnancy least likely

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Pregnancy symptoms like breast soreness and nausea are very least likely to be the pregnancy in your case as plan b followed by a depo shot made it least possible. Plus the encounter had been more than a month so a pregnancy test will rule that out
Now the very same presentation is of genital tract infections like PID etc.cramps, lower abdominal pain and depot shot itself cause such symptoms.
If 33 days passed since LMP get pregnancy test. Of negative confirm at 40 with an ultrasound.of still negative then pregnancy is ruled out. Meanwhile consulting a gynecologist for other possibilities we discussed is advised.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX