What causes breast pain along with high libido in an elderly person?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Sexual Health
Question: For the past 3 months I began having an increased sexual arousal or very high libido. My breast ache and I am constantly wet where I haven't been for years. The problem and what worries me is that I am 60 years old and 5 years post menopausal. I tried going on the internet to find out something but cannot find anything about what I'm going through. Thankfully my wonderful husband of 30 years has stepped up to me. But It consumes me and therefore consumes him. I was just wondering could it be due to an illness or what? Or is it something that happens and no one talks about it?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think there is need for investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Although there is possibility of both options but sudden onset of such increased libido makes me think of hormonal imbalance rather than anything else. To point out specifically there is need to test for pituitary hormones and MRI brain to rule out any intracranial pathology. In hormones secreting pituitary lesions excessive sexual arousal is common and this can take place at any age including post menopausal.

I also like to acknowledge that increased sexual arousal and lubrication is common phenomenon among post menopausal women as there is no fear of pregnancy and other issues which bother most of us during young years.