What causes breakthrough spotting and negative pregnancy result post intake of Meprate?
failed cycle. its your menses starting.
Thanks for the query to hcm,
The start of spotting on 7th march is likely to be the start of your menses and is indicative of a failed cycle for conception. As you stopped meprate on 3rd March so incase you would have become pregnant then meprate would have further supported your pregnancy but as there is no pregnancy meprate has initiated a withdrawal and today is your second day of menses.
The flow may increase slowly this time. You should consult your gyn if she has planned for a second ovulation induction cycle for this month or not . If yes then you should be started on clomiphene citrate from ideally today itself or at XXXXXXX by tomorrow.
Please consult your gynecologist.
The flow shall increase in next 24 hrs ideally. However for all practical purposes if spotting has occurred then it should be considered as a start of your withdrawal bleed. I suggest you wait for next 24 hrs and keep your gynecologist in picture.
should i start taking clomid from today itself will it be harmful for practising it in every cycle?
If you would have been my patient then i would asked you to get an ultrasound pelvis done first to look endometrial lining thickness and any collection in uterine cavity indicating menses and then after confirming would have asked you to start clomiphene from today itself till next 5 days at the dose of 75mg to start with, but as you are already under a gynecologist , so you should keep her in picture as she would be following you up during follicular monitoring during this fresh cycle.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes spotting during pregnancy
- What causes light bleeding inspite of negative pregnancy result
- What causes leaking breasts inspite of negative pregnancy result
- Can meprate cause periods in pregnancy
- Will meprate cause acidity
- Meprate in pregnancy causes bleeding
- Irregular periods spotting pregnancy test negative what is causing this
- What causes the delay in periods even after taking meprate
- Will meprate cause painful menstruation
- What causes delayed periods when results negative for pregnancy