What Causes Brachioradial Pruritus?
positive psychology with patient approach & experts help would help.
Thanks for the query on health care magic platform.
Brachiao radial pruritus is itching of arm between elbow & wrist .... it becomes an irritating symptom.. hardly controlled by medication.
In my view, it is due to -
-Involvement of the specific part of skin with exposure to sun light ( so it is common with fair skinned people( more sensitive to strong ultra violate rays in sunlight ) & those who have routine out door activity, thus being exposed to sun ).. it is photo dermatitis.
- It is also seen with the patients with cervical spondylosis over a long time.So nerve involvement & irritation of the cutaneous nerve arising from cervical spine, to supply the trouble sum spot...can cause excessive itching ( Neuropathy associated with nerve pinching at cervical spine ).
- Psychological factor plays main role in aggravating the symptoms .
* management would be mainly preventive-
- doing physiotherapy regularly in case you have cervical spondylitis./ surgical treatment for spondylitis with consultation of spinal surgeon as per need.
- avoiding exposure to sun with wearing full sleeved shits/ sun screen lotion/ stop to be in sun light.
* active treatment-
- application of ice till itching is controlled
-Acupuncture treatment many a times helps symptomatically.
- frequent monitoring & psychological counselling . Understanding the cause & positive & patient attitude in managing the symptoms help in control of symptoms
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome,