What causes bowel incontinence?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
What causes a person not to have controll sometimes of bowels? I just had my fourth time this year where absolutely couldn't make it to bathroom in time. Today was the worst in that I had just gone to the bathroom and still felt a little queasy so I was laying down and within minutes I felt I had to and didn't even make it across the hall I'm trying to think of a common thread for these times. I get. Like this fairly often where I have a BM then feel like I have to go again often I feel disdented/bloated prior to these episodes shakes and sweats sometimes too
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further investigations are needed...

Detailed Answer:

Not to have control sometimes of bowels is indicative for rectal incontinence. Further investigations are needed to exclude organic problems first before finalizing IBS as a cause:
- rectal manometry testing
- colonoscopy
- examination of feces for ova/parasites
- culture of stool for bacteria/candida

Hope it helped!
Dr.Klerida