What causes bouts of pain in the area around hyoid bone?
seems to be infection
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having recurrent episodes of throat pain. I would like to ask you few more details.
Is there any cough or change of voice ?
Is there any burning sensation in chest or regurgitation of partially digested food ?
Kindly get back to me with the details.
Based on your clinical details, it appears to be infection (pharyngitis) or due to perichondritis.
It is unlikely that 8 years old strangulation causes throat pain.
I suggest you to consult ent surgeon, get detailed ent examination and laryngoscopy (deeper parts of throat, status of voice box). Treatment can be started as per the findings.
Hope this answers your question, if you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest sinusitis medication that can be taken when suffering from ...
- What causes a small lump behind breast implant muscle?
- What is the cause and treatment for dry cough?
- Suggest treatment for vibrations in ear
- Suggest remedy for motion sickness and irritated sinuses
- Suggest treatment for hearing loss in a diabetes patient
- What causes ear pain?
- Suggest treatment for stiff neck, pain in back and headaches
- What causes lump inside throat?
- Suggest treatment for hoarseness in voice