• question-icon

What causes bouts of anxiety while on Celexa?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I'm a 54 year old female, 5'7" and 175 lbs. im currently taking Celexa for depression but am having bouts of anxiety which interfere with my ability to go out in public as well as keeping me from sleeping soundly. I am trying to use self relaxation techniques but they don't stop the attacks. What else can I do?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Increasing dose of celexa is one option

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Considering the repeated attacks of anxiety despite use of relaxation techniques I feel increasing the dose of celexa must help you. I feel the current dose is enough for depression but suboptimal for anxiety.

I also feel that self talk and having optimistic attitude is another requirement for controlling anxiety.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me for further assistance.
Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist