What causes body twitches while sleeping in children?
It could be occuring due to febrile convulsions.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Most often such episodes are caused due certain viruses. But high fever can be associated with febrile convulsions which can manifest with twitching. Although quite common, I would not classify them as normal and they need medical attention. I would insist that you visit a pediatrician and get your child evaluated without delay.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Diptanshu Das
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Body twitching causes
- What causes body odor
- What causes low body temperature in children
- What causes body heat
- What causes sour body odor when sleeping
- Feeling jerking sensation in the body while sleeping cause
- What causes random muscle twitching in body
- What causes muscle twitching in body and face
- What causes body tremors
- What causes twitching sensation in body