What causes body pains after child delivery?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: It is over 6 weeks since giving birth ....,but i am experiencing severe body ache all over . Walking wise feet n legs hurt, back upon standing and fingers hurt as well as whole body

When i get up from sleeping whole body is stiff. What can this be ? Plus i sometimes get bruising on leg.s. i had a normal delivery as i went into premature labour
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may need blood investigation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
There is possibility of post partum arthritis.
I will advise you blood investigation like CBC,ESR,CRP.RA TEST,ACCP. to rule out infection and arthritis.
You may need to consult your doctor for clinical examination and further management.
Bruising on legs can be due to venous congestion.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care. .
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 22 minutes later
Thanks

What kind of infection?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

There can be bacterial infection like staph aureus or can be viral infection.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.