What causes body pain, weakness, fatigue and generalized twitches in young adults?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: My 25 year old son complains of diffuse back and body pain. He also suffers with twitching, jerking. Who should he see and what could this be?
He also c/o extreme fatigue. Could this be part of the symptoms?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be electrolyte imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
The presence of body pain weakness fatigue and generalized twitches could indicate the possibility of a endocrine or a electrolyte deficiency. You might consult your general physician who can order
1. a few blood tests including thyroid function tests,
2. Serum electrolytes including Serum calcium and potassium levels.
3. Serum B12, D3 levels

In case the above tests are normal further testing can be done including - nerve conduction studies, Electromyography, etc. These tests might help to diagnose any underlying neurological issues.

The treatment of most of the conditions is very easy and the condition will resolve on its own with proper and healthy diet. In some cases, prescription medications might be needed to stop severe symptoms.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon