Owl Image

What causes body pain during pregnancy?

Owl Image
Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Question
My wife is 7 month pregnent, she is having severe body pain and temperature of 100 and headach

She is taking dolo650 and citzine and one caugh syrup
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get a physician visit done.

Detailed Answer:

In the current scenario, your wife needs a check up by a physician. As she is pregnant, self-medication is not advised. The cause of the fever should be identified.

Paracetamol is safe for use in pregnancy. Cold sponging may be used to control the fever. Cough syrup should be used with caution in pregnancy and so is anti-histamine. If there is a sore throat, warm saline gargles are helpful. Water should be taken warm to soothe the throat. Steam inhalations are helpful to relieve nasal congestion.

Please see that she has adequate liquids, proper rest and good nutrition.

Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for more information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.