What causes body pain, burning eyes and heaviness in head while on Azithromycin?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi,
I was having bad throught for last 5 days so took azithromycin for last 2 days, today is last day for tablet. Since yesterday i am having body pain, eyes are burning and head is heavy, nose is following. Kindly suggest
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upper respiratory tract infection, symptomatic treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
Based on the information provided by you, it appears to be upper respiratory tract infection.
Most of the upper respiratory tract infection are viral in nature, and are self Limiting and require only symptomatic treatment.
You have already taken course of antibiotic so presently I would have suggested you to take tablet ricifast plus thrice a day for three days. Along with it steam inhalation with few drops of eucalyptus oil in it three to four times a day. Warm salt water gargaling for 3 days. You can suck lozenges like strepsil or cofsil two to three per day. Take rest for a day or two. Drink lots of water especially warm water. With this measures you will be fine in 3 to 4 days.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar