What causes body chills?

Rheumatologist
Question
My 56 year old husband has bad chills. he has no fever but has 5 blankets on and can't stop shaking. He had this also this morning.
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that he is having rigors and there is definitely a possibility of underlying infection. He should be investigated for malaria , urine r/m should be sent for looking out for urine infection .Other routine tests , CXR PA and USG abdomen are also indicated .

Rest it can occur when body has some allergic reaction but it is less likely as you didnt provide any history for the same .

I think you should see a doctor early and get him investigated .

Dr. Shruti