What causes body chills?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My 56 year old husband has bad chills. he has no fever but has 5 blankets on and can't stop shaking. He had this also this morning.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that he is having rigors and there is definitely a possibility of underlying infection. He should be investigated for malaria , urine r/m should be sent for looking out for urine infection .Other routine tests , CXR PA and USG abdomen are also indicated .

Rest it can occur when body has some allergic reaction but it is less likely as you didnt provide any history for the same .

I think you should see a doctor early and get him investigated .

Dr. Shruti