• question-icon

What causes body aches, chills, headache, dizziness, nausea and chest congestion after workouts?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Sick for 4 days after intense weight workout 6 days ago. Very achy all over, chills, headache, dizzy, nausea, no appetite, chest congestion. Related to workout?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, related

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but unfourtanetly this is related to exhausting yourself while working out . intense work out interfere with the digestive system function as it draws blood away from it , this is the cause of decreased apetite and naseau
Also working out hard can cause dehydration which can be the cause of your chills , headache and dizziness .
the body ache is due to muscle fatigue or strain.
I would recommend that you keep yourself hydrated with enough fluids daily ( at least eight cups ), take an analgesic as ibuprofen tablets for body aches and take metoclopramide for the naseau . I hope I answered your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman