What causes blurred vision and slurred speech?

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My wife says she has blurry vision in one eye and is having trouble putting sentences together, what could this be?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Report to ER

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for the query.

These symptoms are worrisome for a possible stroke. The fact that she has visual changes and speech problems could reflect limitation of blood flow to the brain.

I recommend that you take her to the ER as soon as possible for evaluation. A focused physical exam and imaging studies as well as some possible lab testing will help the medical providers find out what is going on.

Thank you for sending the query.

Sincerely,

Dr Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Robert Galamaga 18 minutes later
My wife says she feels better now, she was having trouble finding he words to discribe what she felt, but can see fine and talk fine, however, she has a lingering head ache, should i still take her in or make an appointment?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
I would still take her for evaluation as soon as possible as we have no good explanation for why this episode occurred.

Sincerely,

Dr Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj