What causes blurred and foggy vision with moisture over contact lens?
I can feel the moisture on top of contact lens after using in the eye. This makes vision blured and foggy. Please suggest the cause and solution for this problem. I am using bosch n lomb daily disposal lens.
The fitting of the lenses need to be evaluated.
Welcome to Health care Magic.
I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.
I reviewed your history.
The presence of blurred and foggy vision with moisture over contact lens requires evaluation to look for tight fit of contact lenses.
Usually tight fitting of contact lenses will cause these symptoms.
Hence I advice you to consult your optometrist or eye doctor for evaluation of size and fitting of the lenses.
Hope this answers your question and the information is helpful to you.
Using contact lenses of higher base curve will help you.
Thank you for the follow up question.
Daily disposable contact lenses are usually good and will not cause much problems unlike monthly disposable or other type of lenses.
This problem occurs commonly with long term use of contact lenses because of deposition over the lenses.
Since you are using daily disposable contact lenses this rules out deposition over the lenses.
The other common causes are fit and size of the contact lenses.
In case of tight fit or smaller size there will be decreased oxygen supply to cornea resulting in corneal edema and fogginess of vision.
As I told in my previous answer the most likely cause in your case can be tight fit.
Hence you require change the diameter and base curve of the lenses. If you are using contact lens of base curve of 8.4 you need to go for next base curve that is 8.6. The information regarding the diameter and base curve can be obtained from the lens case and it will be written on it.
I think this may help you in solving the problem.
Hope this answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Varying power on eyes whats the power for contact lens
- Precautions using contact lens
- Contact lens shriveled
- Cloudy vision with new contact lens
- Contact lens keratitis causes
- Contact lens irritation causes
- Lens power contact lens
- Blurred vision while wearing contact lens
- Contact lens allergy causes
- Is eye inflammation caused by wearing contact lens
- History of cataract. Diagnosed with ocular rosecea. Eyes are bloodshot,...
- Inner side of left side is swollen. Having headache and feeling sick....
- Have blurred vision. Got blood in stool. Anything serious?
- Suffering from chronic anxiety and BP is high. Should I be worried about...
- Fell down, got some damage in retina. Having diarrhoea, sore neck. Can I...
- Diagnosed with keratoconous and advised for a corneal transplant...
- Diabetic. Eyes are blurry. Seeing things one on another. What to do?
- Child's eyes are not conjugated and looking at things normally. Is it...
- White sticky liquid comes out from the corner of eyes. What kind of...
- Seeing a spot which moves with eye movements. What could this be?