What causes bluish visible veins on foreskin?

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Penis Problems
Question: Hello doctor,

I am XXXXXXX a 25 year old male.. Recently I noticed that when I pull back on my penis's foreskin, I am able to see a raised vein or lump(bluish in colour).. It is not visible unless I pull back on my foreskin. It is there even when my penis is flaccid. It is about 1 inch in length when flaccid, bluish in color.. It is not visible after beyond 1 inch.. May be it is a vein after all.. But I am not sure..is there something to worry about?? As far as i remember , it might have been there from 5-6 years .. May be I noticed it now..OR maybe it was there from way before. There aren't any other abnormalities as far as my physical health is concerned.. Can it be cancer?? (I am very scared of cancer!!) Or is it something to worry about??
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Veins are not cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i can understand your anxiety.
Veins are normally seen on the foreskin, in many people.
Such veins being full of blood,moving at slow pace, may appear full.
Cancers are areas of small growths, which are easily noticed.
It starts growing rapidly and may even bleed from the surface.
So don't worry about cancer.
Wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D