What causes blue tongue with appetite loss and bloated stomach?

Posted on Tue, 29 Apr 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have blue tounge loss of apatite ,bloated belly at night,feel tired a lot but car'nt sleep,excessive sweats
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes needs to be evaluated Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I went through the query and understood your concern. Yes, you need to get evaluated once for the symptoms you are presenting like blue tongue, feeling tired and excessive sweats. These can be due to severe anemia or cardiovascular cause (risk present due to your father history of heart attack). Since you have loss of apatite with bloating of abdomen, there may be single cause for all your problem and need to be evaluated. You are required to get done some of the basic investigations like complete haemogram, blood sugar levels, lipid profile, LFT, RFT and also abdomen scanning. Also for blue tongue cardiac evaluation with carotid doppler may help. After complete general physical examination by your doctor he may not ask for all these and may tell other specific investigation which will help in your management. So I advice you to get examined and investigated as explained. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Lohit K