What causes bloody mucus in stool?
Thank you for the query.
It does not have to be a colon cancer. Mucus in the stool can be caused by constipation. Please note that mucus is produces all the time by intestinal cells to help with stool passage. When there is no stool passing bowels, only mucus comes out.
Mucus can be also a symptom of some bacterial infection. Especially if mixed with blood. However diarrhea or loose stool should be also present.
Some inflammatory bowels diseases can give bloody mucus as well.
I suggest you to do not panic. Please consult your doctor. Stool tests should be done at first. Colonoscopy should be considered.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes mucus in stool with on and off diarrhea
- What caused dark black bloody stools to pass
- What causes bloody stools and stomach pain
- What causes bloody stool
- What causes mucus strands in stool
- What causes excess mucus in stool
- What causes blood and mucus in my stool
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea and bloody stool
- What causes foul smelling stool with mucus
- What causes blood in stools and pinkish mucus
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?