What causes blood while vomiting?
can monitor at this stage
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Blood in vomit is usually due to trauma or irritation/inflammation of the throat, esophagus or stomach.
In this case, it may be related to slight trauma to the throat from the cookie and the attempt to vomit.
This trauma is likely slight and since the area has a good blood supply, tends to heal well and quickly.
You can monitor at this stage since she is active and appears well. If she complains of any discomfort on swallowing then use a pain killer such as childrens paracetamol or advil, also if this occurs, use soft, cool foods for approx 24 hours.
Hot or hard foods would further aggravate the area.
If she complains of significant discomfort or appears unwell , then she should see her doctor
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of vomiting blood redbull
- Experiencing excessive thirst and vomiting blood what is causing this
- Vomiting blood causes
- What causes blood in vomit final stages of cancer
- What causes swallowing and breathing difficulty while vomitting
- What causes vomiting blood
- What causes vomiting with blood during pregnancy
- What causes blood in vomiting with severe abdominal pain
- What would cause me to vomit blood clots
- What causes vomiting while taking remeron for depression