question-icon

What causes blood under the skin below left eye?

Posted on Sat, 12 Jul 2014
Question: I noticed blood under my skin right below my left eye. I don't know what caused it.
I have been tearing quite a bit due to allergies. Can you tell me what it is.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Blood under the skin is usually caused by small vein rupture. It may be caused by eye tearing. Especially that allergy causes blood vessels dilatation and makes them prone to burst.
I suggest you to have it under observation. If it wont get any larger, no lump, you do not need to do anything and it will go away within a week.
However if this blood will cause a lump, you should consult your doctor.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon