What causes blood-tinged tissue like pieces in urine during 6th week of pregnancy?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Im having white tissue like pieces in my urine with occassional red/brown piece. I am six weeks pregnant with twins. At five weeks they only found one heart beat. Does this mean i am going to have a miscarraige? What is this?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get an ultrasound done.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

Since you do not have pain, I do not think you will have miscarriage.
As they have found only one heart beat, probably the other baby is no longer alive. As this baby's tissue is getting absorbed in the body you are passing this white and reddish tissue. Hopefully the pregnancy should proceed normally.

Get an ultrasound done to find out what is happening exactly.
If you have further concerns I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Thank you for answering. Why would this pass through my urine?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:

Actually the white and reddish discharge is from vagina. Since it is minimal and thick discharge, it does not flow out easily . The urine carries the discharge which is at the opening of vagina. So You you are seeing it in the urine.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee