• question-icon

What causes blood pressure fluctuations in the morning?

Posted on Fri, 1 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: What causes my blood pressure to fluctuate between 98/73 in the morning to 117/77 later in the day? I do take rapaflo for an enlarged prostate. I am not having shortness of breath, although my energy level is somewhat low in the morning.

Also, I have begun to have bloating in my abdominal cavity. What causes this, and could it be related to my low blood pressure during the morning hour?
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not a concern..

Detailed Answer:
welcome to Healthcare Magic,

From the clinical data you have given, slight variations in the blood pressure is a common thing , and every normal person will have that.
During early hours of morning we wake up with a fresh mind with out any tensions or worries. As the day progress we will have our regular activities to involve . So there will be raise of some kind of hormones by increasing the body sympathetic activity. This will cause raise of blood pressure to some extent.

I do see lot of cases in my clinic like same presentations. What I generally do is I just reassure them.
so the final conclusion is ..Its not a problem to consider . what you should consider is the normal range of blood pressure. For your age its between 90-140 mm of Hg - systolic, and 70-90 mm of Hg diastolic.

Finally bloating abdomen as you are reporting may be due to Excess gas problem, whoch can be effectovely treated by Antacids like omeprazole, pantrazole with Domeperidone combination.

regards,
Dr XXXXXXX M.D
Dr. Venkat Sivayogi