What causes blood loss inside the body?

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Cancer
Question: a women i know is bleedind from the inside what is the cause of such things , she when to hospital and they gave her 5 qt. of bloods , what are some posible cause and she is not on a blood thiner ????.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
there are many possible causes

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Among the many possible causes are, low platelets in blood, coagulation disorders and any blood vessel abnormality (includes ulcers or cancers of gastrointestinal tract) which is leaking.

We need a basic panel of tests including complete blood count, chemistries and coagulation tests to direct us to further investigations. Endoscopies may be needed depending on above.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D