What causes blood in vomit?
Here are a few suggestions
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
According to the information provided by you it seems to be caused by a two things.
1) Some problem in your mouth like gums throat bleed.
2) Somach ulcer.
It is appropriate to get a checkup by doctor to find out the cause because it is always suggested to get targetted treatment in such cases.
I would suggest you few other things which you can do to get quick recovery.
1) Look into your mouth through a mirror to see if there may be some bleed from gum or back of theoat.
2) Start taking syrup gaviscon thrice a day one table spoon.
3) Avoid smoking coffee caffeiene fizzy drinks alcohol spicy food ...what ever is relevant.
4) Use food with more fibre to stabilize your stomach.
5) I would also recommend similar patients in my clinic to use Omeprazole 40mg a day to protect stomach from ulcers.
6) Don't use any pain killers.
I would suggest you not to panic this will get better in 5..6 days .
I hope this answered your question.
Registered Family Practitioner.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of vomiting blood redbull
- Experiencing excessive thirst and vomiting blood what is causing this
- Vomiting blood causes
- What causes blood in vomit final stages of cancer
- What causes vomiting blood
- What causes grey vomit
- Causes of blood stain in vomit
- What causes vomiting with blood during pregnancy
- What causes blood in vomiting with severe abdominal pain
- What would cause me to vomit blood clots