What causes blood in urine?
different possible causes
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
There are different possible causes for blood in the urine.
Some of the more common causes include : (1) infection of any aspect of the urinary tract- bladder, urethra, prostate, kidneys, ureter
(2)enlarged prostate - this can be due to a benign (non cancer) or malignant cause. Benign causes are a lot more common
(3)stone in the urinary tract- in most cases however, this is a associated with pain
(4)side effect of medication such as aspirin or any member of the NSAID family (ibuprofen, naproxen) or an anti coagulant eg warfarin
These meds can cause bleeding
(7)cysts or other mass in the kidneys
(8)there are certain diseases specific to the kidneys called glomerulonephritis which is essentially inflammation of a certain part of the kidneys called the glomerulus
(10) in some persons, the cause is not found
To find the cause, you would need to consider seeing your doctor for an assessment.
This should include history of any symptoms, physical examination, urine analysis and possibly imaging such as ultrasound of the urinary tract.
Treatment would depend on the cause found.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...