What causes blood in urine?
Needs to investigate source of bleeding .
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have spotted blood clot after urinating .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Are you taking an blood thinning agent like Aspirin ?
2) Do you have any urinary symptoms like burning ,frequency ,pain in lower abdomen etc?
The blood in urine needs to be investigated for source of bleeding .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Endoscopic Examination of bladder (Cystoscopy)
In the mean while start with following treatment
1) With held Aspirin (If you are taking it )
2) Take antibiotic like Ciprofloxacin and Notrofurantoin twice daily
3) Ensure to drink more water to produce more urine.
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine