What causes blood in urine?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am having blood droplets come out after i pee. It doesn't really hurt or sting it just feels uncomfortable and like I still have to pee. Also Im not sure if this is related but there are glands or something swollen on each side of my crotch. Same place on both sides. Nothing real big but i can feel them. What could be the issue?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most likely to have UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have UTI
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex very recently?

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.