What causes blood in urine?
Needs at least a badic evaluation
Blood clots in urine could be indicators of nothing more than an infection if bladder IR they could also be pointers to a more sinister issue such a bladder tumour. Either way, I suggest you at least have a basic evaluation done. This includes a urine analysis, urine for cytology, an ultrasound of kidney and bladder for evidence of tumours and stones, serum creatinine for evaluation of kidney function, a urine culture and sensitivity uf urine shows evidence of pus cells. You might need to get an endoscopic procedure called cystoscopy but that will depend on the results of the tests done earlier
For the moment, please take plenty of fluids. Ensure adequate rest.
Hope I have been of help.
Does not appear to be infection
Glad you could provide me more details. Yes, you are right - the antibiotics you have taken for your teeth problems could have acted on any minor infection in bladder and should have taken care of such an infection. Furthermore, UTI severe enough to produce blood clots usually would be associated with some urinary voiding symptoms such as urgency, frequency and painful voiding. It is in this context that I feel you should go beyond looking for infection and confirm that there is nothing more serious.
Best wishes, and hoping there would be nothing unusual in your reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine