What causes blood in urine?
it could be
it could be but it has to be investigated.
Some of the most common potential causes include:
- urinary tract infections. The upper ones cause high fever. The lower ones are usually accompanied by frequency, urgency, burning pain.
- renal stones: commonly associated with flank pain, nausea, frequency, urgency.
- tumors: hematoria could be the sole finding. No pain is usually present.
- glomerulonephritis: can be associated with hypertension, proteinuria, edema and other manifestations.
The presence of blood clots indicates that significant bleeding occurred. The cause has to be investigated with a urinalysis and at least an ultrasound scan of the urinary tract. More tests might be needed like CT scans and IV pyelography.
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?