question-icon

What causes blood in urine?

Posted on Wed, 25 Nov 2015
Question: Woke up with blood stains in urine on bed sheets. What could be the causes?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (4 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Difficult to tell..For now, monitor only!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this observation and all the disturbances this has caused you. Honestly, it is difficult to tell what must have transpired which explains this observation. If it is a one time observation, I will want to stay calm at this time and be very slow to think or call this a disease condition. At this time, I will refer to it as an incidental finding. I will advice that we monitor only and if this recurs, then we shall do laboratory investigations to establish the cause. If this never happens again, then we should not seek any further aggressive medical evaluation or intervention.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Please, keep me updated so that together we can continue to address this together.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah