What causes blood in urine?
need to get tests done
At 59years of age, it is never a great idea to ignore blood in urine. You need to get a few tests done.
A complete urine analysis, urine for culture and sensitivity, an ultrasound examination of kidneys and bladder with a full bladder and post void residue, a urine examination for cytology should be minimum.
Take plenty of fluids, and depending on the results if your investigatiobs, you may need further tests like CT scan, cystoscopy, tests for bleeding and clotting function.
Hope I have been of help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine
- Penis head is cold to touch. Why?
- Discomfort while urination, swollen penis after intercourse. Pain...
- Burning sensation at the tip of penis. Urine test done. Amorphous...
- Will vasectomy cause loss of attachment from the effect of semen?
- Red Jap's eye, inflamed, no pus, painful to touch, STD clear, no pain...
- Urine test done. Swelling in urethra. Abdominal pain, foul smelling or...
- Frequent urination. Prostate examination normal. Continue vesicare? Advise?
- Sharp pain in groin area near scrotum, left testicle detached from...
- Dry skin, loss of libido, erectile problems, tired, depressed. Are they...
- Exercising has reduced sexual activity. Is there any explanation to this?