What causes blood in urine?

Dr. Guru

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I had to pee really bad and held my penis till Ireached the rest room and when I released at the end of it I saw blood
Answered by Dr. Guru 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
kidney stones, genito-urinary tract infections

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

This can be due to many causes like kidney stones, genito-urinary tract infections, stricture urethra, urethritis etc. However, a Physical examination is mandatory to assess this since there are variety of other causes that needs to be ruled out.

An ultrasound, complete urinary tract exam along with proper physical examination are needed to establish diagnosis. Further management can be planned based on results.

Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health!