What causes blood in urine?
Thank you for the query.
Blood in urine is usually caused by urinary tract infection. With this issue you should also have frequent urinating, burning while urinating. Slight fever can be present.
If there is no infection, sometimes blood in urine is the first symptom of bladder cancer.
I suggest you to start with urine analysis and urine culture. If no infection will be found, you should consult urologist and have cystoscopy done.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Well, it wont be a good idea to treat yourself without proper diagnostics. Moreover, in case of infection, you need an antibiotic (Ciprofloxacine for example) with is prescription only.
At home you should drink plenty of mineral water and start cranberries supplementation. But this should be an addition to antibiotic treatment.
So doctors visit is unavoidable.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine