question-icon

What causes blood in urine?

Posted on Wed, 25 Jun 2014
Question: What cause a trace of blood in urine be to doctor two or three time they say I have benign hematuria they say some people have this is it true they look at it under the microscope he said I was ok all my other reading was negtive
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Get a urine culture and sensitivity test done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would advise that you should get your urine examined for culture and sensitivity test along with an ultrasound of KUB region. I am not sure if these tests are already done. Discuss with your treating doctor.

Common causes of blood in urine include urinary tract infection or stone in the urinary tract. The above mentioned Investigations will help in diagnosing the cause.

I would advise that you should drink lots of water daily.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. R.A. Singh (6 hours later)
Should I go to another doctor they did a culture it can back the couldn't read it
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You can consult another doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your response.
I think that there is no harm in taking a second opinion. If you wish, you can consult other doctor also.
I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist