What causes blood in urine post intercourse?
Rest and fluids
There is a possibility that you could have had inflammation of prostate or urethra which was the cause of bleeding in urine after sex. Your present discomfort could be related to presence of clots in your urinary bladder, and we call it clot retention.
I suggest you do indeed take fluids, and go to the toilet frequently. Avoid overdistension of bladder. Try to avoid exertion and constipation which could promote further bleeding.Some empirical treatment with alkalinization of urine with syrup citra-alka thrice daily with water after meals might help. Ciprofloxacin twice daily is a good antibiotic for infection of prostate.
If the discomfort in lower abdomen gets worse despite these measures, try and reach the nearest emergency room where a doctor might attempt to pass a urinary catheter which will relieve your bladder distention.
If you previously were passing urine slowly with a thin stream, there is a possibility you could be having a stricture of urethra which might need to be evaluated by a Urologist rather than the medics in emergency room.
Hope I have been of help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Frequent urination difficulty while having intercourse what is the cause
- What causes spotting in urine and cramps after the intercourse
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood going to vagina during intercourse
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine