What causes blood in urine after taking a pneumonia vaccination?

Posted on Mon, 1 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: had some blood in my urine. has not been every time - but several times the last two days. no painful to go.
had a pnuemonia vaccination at doctors office visit Friday. noticed symptom on Saturday, any possible relationship there?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely but will recommend a urine test.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about the presence of this blood in your urine. Unlikely to be related to the vaccination. Most common cause are kidney stones or a urinary tract infection. I will suggest that you go ahead and get a urinalysis done to shed more light on the nature and possible origin of this blood in your urine.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask of more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah