What causes blood in the urine if kidney stone and infection are ruled out?
Hi and welcome!
Well, in her age, cancer is the last thing to think of.
First, it may be microlithiasis which is not seen in CT scan. Second, most common causes are cystitis or urethral irritation.
If she had cesarean section then it is possible that blood is seen in urine due to injury of bladder during the surgery. And also, prolonged vaginal delivery may lead to bladder injury as well.
If CT scan doesn't show hydronephrosis or kidney cysts then there is no need to be worried.
She should drink plenty of fluids, raspberry tea and avoid salty food and red meat.
I suggest to do urine culture and STD tests. If this is fine then she should do MRI scan to rule out some smaller stones.
Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood clot in urine kidney stone
- Kidney stones blood in urine
- Kidney stones causes and treatment
- Could kidney stones cause dark brown urine
- What causes blood in urine when suffering from kidney stones
- Hives caused by kidney stones
- Blood in urine after kidney stone
- Kidney stones cause blood in underwear
- Kidney stones cause welts
- What kind of pain do kidney stones cause
- What causes a lump on the breast?
- What causes constant phlegm in the throat?
- What causes orange oily bowel movements?
- Is Azithromycin better than Cipro?
- Suggest remedies for profuse sweating in the middle of the night
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and drainage to the throat
- Suggest treatment for postherpetic neuralgia symptoms
- Suggest ways to manage the side effects of Eliquis
- Can Bupropion be taken with Cymbalta, Flexeral and Gabapentin while...
- Can Eliquis be taken while on Warfarin?