What causes blood in stools?
Please help me. I need an answer Doctor about my husband.
No need to panic at this moment
Thanks for the query,
I've gone through your details.
Unless bleeding is massive he need not visit emergency. Whenever a procedure is performed intact mucosal lining of the rectoanal canal is breached which may cause mild bleed when patient pass stools.
Right now no need to panic but keep a watch on the stools.
A CBC could be done to look for anemia arising out of this bleeding.
I would also suggest him to take a stool softener for few weeks!
Let me know if I could assist you further.
No, then take him to a General surgeon and get a Protoscopic examination done at the earliest. It's a five-minute procedure.
If its normal then go for a sigmoidoscopy to rule out the site of bleed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes coagulated blood in the stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses