What causes blood in stools?
I am not into anal sex so that could not be it, nor am I sexually active.
My anal area itches on occasion and my tummy hurts at least last night. My Dad says it may be signs of Hemorrhoids, I hope it is not serious. Please help me.
Hemorrhoids are the most probable reason for sure.
Thank you for the query.
Hemorrhoids are the most probable reason of your symptoms indeed. However, even if you have hemorrhoids (most likely you do), colonoscopy should be done. It is because at your age (over 50) the risk of colon cancer significantly rises. That is why every person over 50 should have colonoscopy when there is no symptoms. And the colonoscopy should be done right away if any symptoms appear.
If the blood is red (or pink) and it is on the stool surface (not mixed with it), hemorrhoids are the reason.
However, abdominal pain is not characteristic for hemorrhoids for sure. That is why I suggest you to have some more tests done.
Please start with abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis and colonoscopy.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
I did not eat very well yesterday due to being nervous to seeing blood in my stool for the first time.
Could that have been the problem?
Also I use a " water penis extender" in the bath not the shower and it uses water is there any danger of that? Sorry to bombard you with too many personal questions, I live in a rural area and am embarrassed to ask a doctor there. I lived in Europe for many years and the life is different there.
Thank you doctor.
Stress can stimualte eating problems.
By blood work I mean CBC (complete blood count). It may reveal low hemoglobin or elevated white blood cells. Normal hemoglobin can tell that this is nothing serious. Same with WBC.
Stress can greatly aggravate and stimulate any eating problems and result with abdominal pain and diarrhea. SO yes, this could impact it for sure.
Water penis extender has nothing to do with your current symptoms.
You can ask as much and as many questions as you like. That is what we do here.
Is there any risk?
Also I am flabby at 5'8 and 179 lbs am I able to firm up? I do not smoke, no drugs, no alcohol. What do you recommend for diet with hemorrhoids?
What do you think?
Physical activity is the key.
No, this wont cause any harm to your penis either. The question is, if it really works. You may find the effect of enlargement only minimal.
You can improve your body general condition and affect its build for sure. To do that, regular physical activity is a good way. You should also avoid fatty foods and alcohol. This applies to hemorrhoids as well.
To help with hemorrhoids you should also increase fiber intake. Your stools should be regular and not hard. You should not push hard on stool. You should avoid lifting heavy objects. For bleeding relief please try OTC hemorrhoids suppositories and sitz baths with Oak Bark (twice a day for a week).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes coagulated blood in the stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?