What causes blood in stool?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: doctor called my wife to attend ASAP tomorrow. has blood in her stool.. please read photo
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
blood in stool may be from intestine problem or hemorrhoid .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear , hi

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly with attached photo .

* Blood in stool indicates intestine problem of some type or hemorrhoid .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Blood in stool - amount , type , frequency .
2. Associated burning after stool pasing .
3. Any change in food intake pattern in recent time .
4. Any noticeable change in her weight .
5. Her age .
6. If possible , kindly attach all past reports herewith as an attachment in
follow up .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 hour later
she is 24. she went to the doctors because of blood in urine, chills, abdominal pain, fatigue. they ordered 3 blood tests and 3 urine. the urine all has blood and abnormal cell count. they ruled out UTI, kidney stones. she got called to come in as soon as possible today. she is passing blood, but not XXXXXXX blood in the stool
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
likely intestine pathology.do not panic till further examination or results

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the details .

* Seems more likely from intestine pathology rather than hemorrhoids .

* Doctor will confirm the diagnosis with ano proctoscopy evaluation and if
necessary colonoscopy to find out the source of bleeding & further
management in accordance to that .

Gentle request to
- Make her calm because stress will increase her problems .
- Maintain her hydration with plenty of liquids .

Wishing her fine recovery .
Regards dear take care .
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 20 minutes later
so, the doctor wants to see her as soon as possiblee now. they said there was a mass above the cervix in the initial consultation. now they must have all results of the pathology/x ray. could it be cancer or something very serious. she is only 24!!
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
follow up .

Detailed Answer:
* It can be some inflammatory lesion also or cancer , without getting the details
of the reports , panic will worsen her mind .

* It will not be something very serious , Be Positive that`s all I can convey at this
point .

* Doctor must be telling ASAP so that definite treatment can be started .

Regards .