question-icon

What causes blood in stool?

Posted on Tue, 27 Dec 2016
Question: Last night there was a lot of blood when I went the toilet I also passed wind and there too was a lot of blood. No mucus.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It could be bleeding from internal haemorrhoids

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on Health Care Magic.
The bleeding you are experiencing could be due to many reasons. First and foremost being internal hemorrhoids that may have given way due to constipation or straining at stool.
It could also be a friable mass.

You definitely need to be further investigated in terms of colonoscopy.

But if the bleeding is getting worse please get your blood pressure checked in the ER.
keep yourself well hydrated

Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Rahul Tawde