What causes blood in stool?
you'd better go...
although blood in the stool in a young individual like you is usually caused by bleeding hemorrhoids, investigation is required to exclude more serious causes particularly if the bleeding has not stopped yet. These symptoms have nothing to do with kidney failure although flank pain (when caused by urinary tract obstruction) may end up in renal failure. I don't have a good explanation for the flank pain with the data you've provided but the bleeding issue has to be clarified.
Flank pain can be caused by kidney problems, but it can also be attributed to musculoskeletal problems, hemolysis (red blood cells' rupture) and referred pain from various structures like abdominal blood vessels, gallbladder, etc. Clinical examination data are invaluable in this regard.
So in conclusion, you'd better visit the ER as soon as possible to clarify the bleeding cause and be examined by a doctor for your flank pain. I wouldn't worry too much though because it doesn't sound so serious. It just has to be clarified first.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes blood in stool in young adult male
- What causes blood in stools after treatment for infertility
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- What could cause painless blood associated stool
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?