What causes blood in stool?
Let him see a Gastroenterologist!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this bloody stools that your boyfriend has had. His age makes this less likely to be real issues of concern such as cancers and polyps. This seems to be more suggestive of benign conditions such as hemorrhoids, colitis, constipation related, etc. I will suggest that he follows up with a GI doctor for comprehensive examination and investigations. He would at least need to get a stool exam. Depending on findings from initial exam and stool exams, more focused and targeted investigations can be considered.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes coagulated blood in the stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?