What causes blood in stool?
Blood in stool is not normal,must be evaluated by doctor.
Welcome to health care magic,
Small amount of blood in stool or bleeding during defecation could be due to hard stools or piles (internal or external) or fissures or fistula or rarely any growth in rectum.
Stage 4 kidney disease is not known to cause blood in stool.
So, it must be evaluated further by digital examination and other relevant investigations.Without actual clinical examination it will be difficult to comment regarding the underlying cause.
And hence first you need to be examined around anus and per rectum by surgeon to rule out above possibilities.
In most of cases,visual inspection and digital per rectal examination is enough to identify the underlying cause.And if not he may order some routine blood works,stool tests (for ova and cyst) and colonoscopy.
If blood in stool subsides by itself within 1 or 2 days then there is no need to be worried but if it is persistent then,you should start below treatment for symptomatic relief.Your doctor or surgeon will know about it.
1) Take quinolones antibiotics with anti-protozoals (ofloxacin with ornidazole) by the prescription from some local doctor or surgeon.
2) Anovate or Dobesil cream or ointment to be applied over anus after defecation,
3) Hot sitz bath,
4) Sit naked in hot warm water for 15 minutes.
5) Avoid alcohol, Avoid oily and spicy foods.
So,it would be better to consult general surgeon who will do thoroughly clinical examination with relevant investigations (if required) to detect the exact underlying cause.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools
- What causes blood in puppy stool
- What causes blood in stool weakness in legs
- What causes coagulated blood in the stool
- What causes blood in stool of a baby
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause of blood stains in the stool
- What are the possible causes for blood in stool